Reid Podiatry is equipped to deal with any foot problem and provides a full range of general chiropody, specialist podiatry, therapeutic and aesthetic treatments.
A full medical history including current medication is taken at the first visit and an assessment of your feet made so that relevant and appropriate treatment and advice can be provided tailored to specific concerns and foot problems for the individual patient.
Strict standards in treatment provision are observed and regularly reviewed. Clinical standards comply with national standards as recommended by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists and best practice as recommended by NICE.Patients can expect:
- Reusable instruments which are washed, scrubbed, ultrasonically cleaned and sterilised for each patient or a disposable sterile pack may be used.
- Standard practice procedures - chair and debris tray cleaned between patients and fresh paper towels used
- Confidentiality respected and records properly and safely stored
- The Podiatrist and members of the team undertake regular continuous professional development keeping up to date with the latest developments
- Clear explanation of treatment options and prices
- Referral pathways to specialist providers as needed
- GP, practice nurse or other referrer kept up to date by letter as required